TERMS & CONDITIONS
Car Hire Terms & Conditions
- Driver’s age should be between 21 and 75 years. Drivers from 21 to 24 and over 70 years need to pay a daily supplement. Drivers over 70 years require medical report stating that driver is still fit to drive.
- All cars are delivered with a minimum of €20 worth of fuel. This should be paid upon signing of car hire agreement. Car should then be returned with an empty tank. Fuel is not refundable.
- All cars are permitted to be driven in Malta. Ferry fees are paid direct to Gozo Channel Line on embarking to go to Malta.
- Charges for entering Valetta are to be taken off credit card provided upon filling of car hire agreement contract.
- All rentals require to be secured by a valid credit card or cash deposit if credit card is unavailable.
- Full payment upon signing of car hire agreement.
- Driver is to provide a fully valid driving licence which has been held for at least two years at time of rental. Local or International Licences are both accepted.
- Euro are accepted however we accept all major credit cards and currencies subject to our exchange rate.
- All our rates include unlimited mileage. Vehicles can be driven only in the Maltese Islands.
- VAT is at the rate of 18% which is already included in car rental charges.
- Breakdown service available in the Maltese Islands. In case of a breakdown, please call emergency number on car hire agreement. Flat batteries are tested and if found to be caused by the driver’s negligence is subject to a €50 fee.
- All cars are delivered to any location in Gozo free of charge. Pick up / Drop off at Malta International Airport at € 75.00 each way.
- Locked keys are a subject of €25 on Gozo and €50 on Malta
- The client is liable for all fines and contraventions costs which are incurred whilst responsible for the vehicle. These are usually charged off the credit card which the client gives upon signing of car hire agreement.
- All vehicles carry a fully comprehensive insurance cover with an excess liability of €550.00 on car claims and €750 on Jeeps. Drivers whose age is 21 to 24 or 71 to 75 with an excess liability of €850.00.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Theft Damage Protection (TDP) and Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) are an optional cover to relieve the renter of the excess. CDW is compulsory for renters aged 21 to 24 and 71 to 75.
The excess can be waivered as follows:
CDW at €10.00 per day – TDP at €10.00per day – PAI at €10.00 per day on cars
CDW at €10.00 per day – TDP at €10.00per day – PAI at €10.00 per day on Jeeps
Should renter want to take all the insurances together, All Inclusive Insurance (AII) at the rate of €26.00 per day on cars and on Jeeps
Compulsory €10 CDW per day for drivers whose age is 21 to 24 or 71+ on all vehicles
EXTRA DRIVER INSURANCE at €5.00 per day
CHILD SEATS at €5.00 each per day
Gozo Garage cannot be held responsible for any injuries incurred by the child during the hiring of the vehicles and child seat. The client is responsible for the safe harnessing of the child and the seat to the vehicle.
GPS at €10.00 per day
Lost keys – Maruti Jeeps – €50.00
Other Vehicles – €350.00
Transfers Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are per vehicle according to the number of your group and per way
- Passenger ferry tickets are only needed on departure and are not included in the price quoted but can be supplied for an extra charge of €4.65 per adult and €1.15 per child.
- Passengers are requested to sit safely and strapped in at all times.
- Adults are requested to supervise any children travelling with them.
- Car sick people are requested to advise driver before the car is soiled. Soiled vehicles are subject to a €50 cleaning charge.
- No food or drinks are to be consumed in the car
- The driver can refuse to take on board any non – compliant customer
- The driver will wait for a maximum 1 hour after flight lands before assuming a No Show
- Clients are requested to call the company on the emergency number given in case of last minute changes. We will do our best to accommodate but it is not obligatory and the company may not be able to arrange otherwise.
- With shared transfers you might be requested to wait for other passengers arriving at the same time and going to the same destination.
When you confirm your booking you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
The General Information and Terms & Conditions stated are correct at the time of going to press.